Thursday 30 January 2014

August 2013 - Power Socket 8: "My, it's cramped in here, isn't it?!"

In August we went to Edinburgh, but this isn't a post about Edinbrugh.* 
And we went to Rye - where I learnt there was once a smuggler called "Nastyface" - but this isn't a post about Rye, either.** 
No. To properly clear out August, I must finally post this: the unfinished, eighth and last ever issue of...


Sad times. Here's where it all went dark and then stopped. The obsession over detail, the cross-hatching, the bricks, all those tentacles. In 1987 there was so much for comics fan to suddenly take in - From Alan Moore alone there were collected volumes of Watchmen, Swamp Thing, V for VendettaAs I said before, there was too much to copy. I've unearthed a few more unfinished projects from that same year, so let Operation: Fang then inaugurate the tag "Unfinished in '87".





* This is.
** No, but this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment